Mental health toolkit
Children and Young People’s Service (CYPS)
Looking after your mental health
The Children and Young People’s Service provides a single service to all children and young people aged 0-18 years living in Northumberland who present with mental health difficulties. This includes children and young people who may have learning difficulties and those living in a range of difficult and challenging circumstances.
The service is able to provide:
- Assessment, diagnosis and intervention on a range of mental health issues.
- Intensive response and home-based treatment for those children and young people whose mental health is causing significant concern.
- An intensive Eating Disorder Service to support children and young people on the eating disorder pathway who are at risk of an inpatient admission.
- A comprehensive transition support package to those young people who are approaching their 18th birthday and may need continuing support as adults.
- Training, consultation, support and advice to front line staff working in targeted services for children.
Phone: 01670 502 700
Freephone: 0800 652 2862
Kooth.com provides children and young people a safe, online platform available 24/7, 365 days per year, where they can explore and access professional and peer support around their emotional wellbeing and mental health. The service is available for young people aged 11-25 years old across Newcastle and Gateshead
North East Counselling
4-25 years of age, counselling intervention for anxiety, stress and low mood
Young Minds are the UK’s leading charity fighting for children and young people's mental health.
We want to see a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health, and all young people get the mental health support they need, when they need it, no matter what.