C-Card (free condoms)
Find out about comdoms, how to use them and where to get them.
If you are aged between 13 and 24 years old you can register for a C-Card.
The C-Card scheme offers free:
- Support and advice about sexual health
- Condoms, femidoms, lube and dams
- Chlamydia screening
- Pregnancy testing (selected places)
When used correctly, condoms are the only type of protection that help prevent sexually transmitted infections (STIs) as well as pregnancy.
What happens when you register for a C-Card?
It's simple. A trained professional will check the following with you:
- Your age (you have to be 13 to 24 yrs old)
- You’re not in any danger
- You’re not putting someone else in danger
- What support you have from parents, carers and friends
- You understand all of the information given to you
- A condom demonstration
- The products available and how to use them
Once you’ve been through the registration process you are given a C-Card with your own individual ID number.
You can take this card to lots of places around West Yorkshire to get free condoms. Look out for the C-Card symbol in the window of some pharmacies, supermarkets, youth centres and health centres.
Every 6 to 12 months (depending on your age) you may be asked to have a quick 1 to 1 chat with a worker to check that you are safe and have everything you need.