- Newborn - follows a face in the centre of their view
- 6-8 weeks - follows a moving object or face by turning their head, smiles at things or people they like
Please see the following page for information about signs that may suggest your child has a problem with their vision and what you should do if you are concerned by clicking here for information on eye tests.
- Show your baby pictures of faces and colourful books and toys
- Point out new things to your baby
- Play peek-a-boo and hide and seek
Speak with your Health Visitor or GP early if you may have any concerns about your baby's vision or eyes. They can help refer your baby to have a formal eye test.