Newcastle CAMHS - Children and Young People’s Service
The Children and Young People’s Service provides a single service to all children and young people aged 0-18 years living in Newcastle and Gateshead who present with mental health difficulties. This includes children and young people who may be living in difficult and challenging circumstances.
Services for children and young people with a learning disability are provided through collaboration between the Children and Young People’s Services and Community Learning Disability Team.
Services for children and young people experiencing psychosis are provided through collaboration between Children and Young People’s Services and the Early Intervention in Psychosis Team.
The service is able to provide:
- Assessment, diagnosis and intervention on a range of mental health issues.
- Intensive response and home-based treatment for those children and young people whose mental health is causing significant concern.
- An intensive Eating Disorder Service to support children and young people on the eating disorder pathway who are at risk of an inpatient admission.
- A comprehensive transition support package to those young people who are approaching their 18th birthday and may need continuing support as adults.
- Training, consultation, support and advice to front line staff working in targeted services for children.
Benton House 136 Sandyford Road Sandyford Newcastle NE2 1QE
Monday 8am – 8pm
Tuesday 8am – 8pm
Wednesday 8am – 8pm
Thursday 8am – 8pm
Friday 8am – 8pm
Google Map disabled in edit mode.