The Health Visiting service is made up of a team of specialist nurses who offer advice and guidance to parents with children aged 0 to 5 years old.
We offer a wide range of support and advice on things like:
- baby clinics
- growth and development
- minor ailments
- support groups
We can also connect you with other agencies if you need advice or support around housing, benefits or debt.
We’ll support you and your family until your child goes to school. We do this through a national scheme called the Healthy Child Programme.
The programme includes a number of ‘reviews’, during which we’ll talk about how your child is doing and discuss any concerns you have. These reviews might take place in your home, a child development clinic or a children’s centre.
We work closely with other health professionals and if appropriate we might refer you and your child to other specialist services.
- Alston: 01768 245615
- Appleby: 01768 354964
- Barrow in Furness, Hindpool Team : 01229 471655
- Barrow in Furness, Central Team : 01229 404595
- Dalton and Ulverston: 01229 407770
- Carleton Clinic, Carlisle: 01228 608953
- Carlisle West Children’s Centre: 01228 608045
- Cockermouth: 01900 705767
- Copeland: 01946 68616
- Cleator Moor: 01946 814434
- Grange: 01539 777254
- Kendal: 01539 718155
- Kirkby Lonsdale: 01524 279177
- Longtown: 01228 792712
- Millom: 01229 777592
- Penrith: 01768 245615
- Wigton: 01228 602066
- Windermere: 01539 447625
- Workington: 01900 705173
- Whitehaven: 01946 68616
- UIverston: 01229 48401